You wouldn’t be reading this if you weren’t a wine lover. Because of that, we’re only too happy to act as an enabler with helpful hints on how to enhance your wine drinking experience. Read more…
Let’s start with this recipe that begs the question: “Why didn’t I think of that? A soul satisfying glass of wine paired with chocolate is always a treat, but combining the two? Sheer genius. The mash-up that is chocolate wine brownies perfectly combines two of the most loved flavours on the planet. But don’t take our word for it. See for yourself by cooking up a batch using ASDA’s gorgeous recipe. You’ll find that they are just the thing to get you through the cold winter nights that lie ahead.
Chocolate Wine Brownies
200g plain chocolate, roughly chopped
170g salted butter
250ml Asda Extra Special Cabernet Sauvignon
250g caster sugar
75g light brown soft sugar
130g plain flour
3 eggs, beaten
1 tbsp vanilla extract
2 tsp instant coffee, dissolved in 1tbsp boiling water
1 tbsp cocoa, to dust
- Preheat the oven to 170C/150C fan/gas 3. Grease and line a rectangular baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- Melt the chocolate and butter in a heatproof mixing bowl over a pan of boiling water.
- Remove from the heat and mix in the wine, followed by the sugar, then the flour, eggs, vanilla and coffee. Stir until evenly combined, then pour into the tin.
- Place on the middle shelf of the oven and bake for 30-40mins until a light crust has formed and a knife, when inserted into the centre of the brownie, comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool fully, then cut into 12 squares and dust with a little cocoa powder.
Photo/Recipe via ASDA